Main Header

 

 

 

Welcome to the new Little Eaton Primary School Website!
Welcome
 

The Boys' School - 1872

In 1872 the Boy's School was opened on Barley Close at the cost of £300 and the Girl's and infants stayed at the Parish Room.

Boys School

   

The Parish Rooms - 1840

The Parish Room was the first school in the village, opened in the 1840's for the poor and labouring classes.Parish Rooms

 

Mixed School - 1884

In 1884 the school became "mixed" on the present site and was a typical village school, admitting 5 to 14 year olds until just after the second World War.

Post war School

 

  

 

   

The School - Today

Two terrapin buildings were added in 1966, a third in 1971 a fourth in 1990 and a fifth in 1999. The old main school building was greatly modernised in the mid 1980's and included the addition of a kitchen, indoor toilets, the lowering of the ceilings and the removal of wooden partitions in the Hall.

School Today